Monday, June 09, 2008

My blog has been neglected of late. I have not forgotten about it neither was it intentional for me to neglect it. I tried to post new sharings on the blog but each time I tried to type something, my brain seemed blank. It was as though I was suffering from some sort of mental blockage. I’ve only completed my second week as a lecturer but I feel as if I’m mentally drained. Yes, my friends, I’m mentally exhausted. The phrase “Thank God it’s Friday” means so much to me these days.
My workload is not suppose to be that bad, my working hours are way lesser compared to my previous work, yet I feel over worked. I am inexperience in what I’m doing. Being new in the teaching arena, I have to study and revise before I meet my students so that I will not teach them the wrong things. Sometimes, I have to think of different approaches in dealing with the classes because the characteristics of every class is different. My days are bright when the lesson is well, however such days are rare because I often make too much mistakes in almost everything that I do.
Wednesday was the worst of all the days. First, there was a two hour blackout in campus, then I received a call telling me that I was in charge of some “book review” competition. After that call, I was notified that I was also in charge of the college debating team with another lecturer and that we were to stay back once a week after office hours to train them. On the very same day, I got lock out of my own staff room and had to drive all the way to town to get another set of room keys from my friend because the office hours were over and there was no one else in campus who had the key. After that disaster, my car door handle broke also on the very same day. On my way back from that terrible day, I got caught in a three hour jam because some smart Malaysians felt that they should fill their petrol tanks before the price of petrol increased.
My experience on Wednesday was a perfect explanation to what the word “miserable” meant. Yet, I’m grateful that I survived. Not a single day has been smooth sailing for me and I foresee rough moments ahead, but I guess such experiences are bound to happen and perhaps it is through such experiences that I learn to become a tougher being. Another three months of rocky roads perhaps?

No comments: