Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm so happy today for some very simple reasons.
  1. I only start work officially as a full time lecturer on the 1st of July. As for now, I'm employed as a part-time lecturer due to some paperwork reasons.
  2. Since I start officially only on the 1st of July, that means I will be paid the part-time lecturer's wage for another week. It is a big deal and bonus for me because they pay me peanuts as a full-time lecturer and my part-time salary is actually double my full time salary.
  3. The convocation for the college is this Saturday, and since I'm still a part-time lecturer on that day, I do not have to attend the convocation. I do not have to cancel my classes this Friday to attend the rehearsal and also do not have to attend the ceremony itself. I do not need to wear the convocation robe and walk into the hall with other lecturers in the procession. Gosh, I'm so happy.

Yes I seem to be very money minded. I can't help it, I've not been receiving any income for the past six months and my bank account is completely drained. I need money to pay up for things. Besides, I want to save up enough to realized one of my many dreams. No, no don't worry, I'm not turning into a materialistic person, I'm talking about paying up for essential basic things like car maintainence and household expenses.

No comments: