Thursday, April 03, 2008

Carry Me!

He had just woken up,
blur as he usually is.
He scratches his back,
gives a big yawn.
He looks around him,
still not wide awake,
he puts his head down again,
considering to continue his sleep.

The wind gushes,
the leaves rustle,
his eyes are open again.
He looks around
Suddenly, he is wide awake.
He stretches out
But he can't reach
He moves his position,
hoping to get what he wants.

He fails

Anxious and desperate he becomes.
He moves again,
still he cannot reach.
Hands stretched upwards,
he looks up,
with his pleading eyes
he looks at me as if to say,
CARRY ME!


To be honest, I never thought much of koalas. To me, they are just another animal, no big deal and over commercialized. My main intention of going to the park was to see the kangaroos, in fact, the animal that eventually caught my attention was the wombat, so fat and cute. The koalas were always sleeping, always in their own world, couldn't be bothered with anything else.
And so, I was at a park, I had gone round the park, had a good time with all the animals, before we left, I told Bob that I wanted to have another look at the wombat and as I was walking towards the wombat, I saw this koala, it was awake. It saw me and tried to reach me, so many times. It tried to reach me so that I could carry it. I fell in love with it immediately. You know, I made no effort to catch it's attention but it just came to me. Such a wonderful feeling it was to have someone / animal reaching out to me, desiring to be cuddled, to be loved. It was so cute. To be honest, I wish I could bring it home.

(Jenn's going hunting at hunter valley this weekend, simply jenn takes a break over the weekend)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. so adorable.. :)