Friday, March 14, 2008


They call it the Bluemountains. Before I went there, I had no idea of what to expect, all I know is that it's very beautiful. It is said to be a must go place in Sydney.
I did want to go and see for myself, but never took any effort because it was not cheap to go, it costs around Aus$ 100 to go there for a day trip. And so I never went. Yesterday, my nice and kind bro-in-law took a day off from his work to drive me up to the mountains. I was touched and grateful.It was a 2 hours drive from Sydney, and the only song that kept on playing in my head was John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High". I could not help it, the scenery was really rocky mountain high, all the cliffs were rocky bald with no greens on it, nevertheless, it was beautiful, I wondered how the mountains were formed into what it is.

We went for a bush walk, it was interesting. Having gone jungle trekking in Malaysia, I have to admit that I appreciate our rainforest's better. The bush walk was a pretty barren one, the trees did not have much leaves on it, not because the land was not furtile, it was just natural. I got sun burned, though it was on a highland, the sun was so hot and bright. So here are the pictures, yes it's very blue, perhaps that's why they call it the blue mountains?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bluemountains...wah!!! nice, i went there if i'm not mistaken. of course beauty in different places have their own strength.

Anonymous said...

Wow..that is SOOOO beautiful... hehe.. the name bluemountain suits the blue blue mountain a lot.. :)