Friday, March 14, 2008

The Kite Runner

I finally saw the movie today, I am interested to know how my Muslim friends would react towards this movie. It touched alot on some sensitive Islamic issues and the Talibans.

Putting those matters aside, I thought it was a beautiful movie. A little boy out of fear (perhaps) does the cruelest things towards his best friend and he carries the dark memory with him into adulthood.

When we lie, we get away with things, we successfully convince others to see the better side of ourselves, however lies will never make us feel better about ourselves. We may cheat others, but our lies haunts us and reminds us of the ugly being that we are (thanks to our healthy brains that remembers). We imprison ourselves with guilt and when we cannot forgive ourselves, our lives become unfulfilled, happiness and total freedom would be the missing element. Redemption is possible when we dare to face the truth and overcome it....

Now, when I get back to Malaysia, I'm going to read the book, I bought it four years ago but have yet to touch it, it is still left unwrapped in the bookshelf.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the way you described about lies, redemption and stuff reminds me of going to confession.....

jennvaz said...

well......i did it on purpose just in case u have not gone heheheehe....