Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The problem with Jenn is that she lacks of discipline. She has no patience to follow instructions and always ends up doing things her own way. She had a taste of it’s consequences today, fortunately it was not too painful to bear.

I woke up at 7a.m so that my sister could drop me off at St. Vincent’s hospital (where Bob is doing his research) before going to work. I was ready for my big day out, I had planned to explore The Rocks today, The Rocks is one of the oldest part of Sydney, in fact it was where the city started off. And so, from St. Vincent’s I began my journey, walking towards the city. I passed Oxford Street, walked through Hyde Park (so far so good, I was still following the map) until I saw this nice old building from afar, I diverted my route and headed towards that old building. I found the building, it was an old Presbyterian Church. Had a good look at it and continued my journey. I walked and walked and walked and got lost. I could not find my location on the map. Trying to be smart, I followed my instincts and continued to walk until I realized that I was moving further away from my destination. Still I did not bother to sit down and study my map, again I followed my own instincts until I began to feel a little tired, I gave up. Got myself a nice seat under the tree and checked on the map, I hated that moment, my location was not in the map and I really had to figure out where I was and how was I to get out of the place. When I got my directions clear and continued my journey, I got distracted again, I saw The Rocks but I chose to bypass it because I saw something even more attractive right in front of me. It was the route that led to the Sydney Harbor Bridge.


Yes I walked on the bridge, all the way to the north of Sydney and because I wanted to save some money, I walked all the way back instead of taking the bus or ferry. It was fruitful though, I enjoyed myself. I had a good view of the Harbor throughout my journey and of course I manage to get some satisfying photo shots of the Opera House. It was a clear blue sunny day and everything was blue, bright and clear. My skin burned and gosh I was dehydrated after the walk. My tongue craved for something sweet and I treated myself with a Strawberry Gelato. It was heavenly. I found The Rocks but with the hot sun penetrating into my skin, I lost my desire to explore. I decided to save my adventure at The Rocks for another day.
(Top Right: The Rocks; Top left: The Harbor Bridge from afar; on the harbor bridge)

No comments: