Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pan Labyrinth


Pan's Labyrinth is an award winning Spanish fantasy movie. I thought it was a children fairytale when i saw its cover and the synopsis. Something like the Chronicles of Narnia perhaps. The 1st 15 minutes remained very much a fairytale. However, much to my dismay, after the 1st quarter of the movie, it was violence all the way towards the very end of the movie with the very cruel Captain Vidal finally shot in the face. To be honest, i did not really enjoy the movie probably it's because of the violence and bloodshed. I could not really appreciate the fairytale.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you think of the ending?
I really enjoy this show.

jennvaz said...

the ending? Errr....i thought it was a sad ending and cruel too....perhaps it's because I'm human and her eternal happiness was not?
What say you?

JEremy said...

I enjoyed the movie, because it was fantasy and revolved around a girl who, to other people, lived in a world of fantasy and magic.

No one believed her!

besides, it was in spanish.. It was cool hearing words like Senyor.. I just love hearing that word la.. haha..

and the whole freedom fighter scene.. was cool la...

Screw the violence la...I got damm grossed out almost every part of the movie...

but other than that, it was a good show! (I think the violence looked really real!) haha..