Monday, March 17, 2008

My 100th Post

Initially i was not too enthusiasted to come to Sydney, I was reluctant to leave the many things that I felt was important in my life back in Malaysia. I had too many unfinished business to attend to and I felt guilty to spend my sister's money and be purposeless for two months. My sister's intention was that I should see the world, to her, it was her investment for my future.

And that is why I am here in Sydney not really upon my own free will. I have spent nearly a month abroad and I have spent alot of time reflecting on my own life. I realized that I have wasted a whole chunk of my youth. I could have used it better but I did not. I have remained in my comfort zone for the past six years and have not put in much effort to explore on what life had to offer and I let go of too many opportunities because I chose to remain in my comfort zone. I was afraid to face changes. Too lazy to put in extra effort in pursuing my dreams, telling myself that things are not possible. I realized that I knew so little about life, often I was narrow minded and overly critical because I fail to see the many possibilities in situations. I never gave myself a chance.

I'm glad to have come here, this holiday has helped me to put my life back into perspective, to have a better idea of what I want to do with my future. I'm grateful that I'm still young enough to start anew, not to run away from the environment that i grew up in but to be more in control of my own life.


(a beautiful world waiting to be discovered)

4 comments:

elizfong said...

Hi. Hm, now I know why you are in Sydney. Anyway let bygones be bygones. We cannot change the past, but we can change the future by doing what it is necessary. I am sure nothing is ever too late. We just need to give ourselves a chance to start anew. Look forward. Whatever it is you have in mind, JIA YOU!

jennvaz said...

hEY, thx for your comments, I hope you a better days ahead too. Take care and be well soon. Cheers (",)

InfanT said...

Hi Jennifer,

I hope you'll enjoy this short break given by your sista. Personally, i find these breaks are good for us to reflect what are the things that we should improve, how can we go about, etc. I also believe charging yourself well before moving onto another stage. Sometimes, we keep on looking at a leaf, we never came to realise we're in the middle of the jungle.

take care!

jennvaz said...

THank you Fern, that's exactly what I'm doing now, keep me in prayer.