Monday, February 25, 2008

Lust, caution

24 Feb 08 (Sun)

I watched Ang Lee’s “Lust, Caution” today in the cinema. It was uncensored and for the first time in my 27 years of life, I saw erotic scenes. In many instances, I was left speechless and shocked.

I thought the movie was good. It was a movie that left me to think. Chia Chi thought she was doing the right thing, she thought she and her friends were fighting for the right cause, she thought it was heroic to sacrifice her virginity, did she do the right thing? Those passionate love making scenes, was love even present during those moments, did lust lead to love?

The cinema outing was indeed an interesting experience. None of the movies shown in the cinema was screened in the Malaysian theaters. To be honest, I’ve not been too excited with most movies shown in the Malaysian cinemas, but over here, I seem to want to watch every movie. My next movie here would probably be “The Kite Runner”. My bro-in-law is keen to watch it and so am I.

Other than the selection of movies, the difference between the cinemas are that they use the free seating concept, who comes first, gets the best seat and you know, wine in glass is included in the drinks menu here. Of course I did not drink it lah.

No comments: