Monday, February 25, 2008

At Pancakes on the Rocks


Whats so great about Pancakes on The Rocks? I really don't know, people que to get in there. It's been the Golden Award Winner for the best informal dining restaurant 2003 - 2006 and it's open 24hours aday. I tried it's savoury pancakes, hmmm....i was not impressed but I shall not judge it yet until i try their dessert pancakes for i believe pancakes goes best with syrup or honey or jam.


As we had our lunch today, next to our table sat five people. Of the five, there were two young girls probably in their late teens, with three down syndrome kids. The down syndrome teenagers were a handful to handle. Two of them were throwing tantrums while the other was becoming agitated. The two girls were trying their best to calm the other down whilst trying to discipline the other two. I was certain that I did not want to be in the shoes of the two girls for I would definitely not have the patience that they had.


Though the noise made by the down syndrome teenagers were not very pleasing, I admired the two girls. They were not relatives of the down syndrome teenagers, they were volunteers who took them for an outing. Though they were stern, they did love the kids. They had something in them which I did not have. Patience, love, compassion and courage. They were only teenagers but they were capable. Where did they learn to be like that? I’m impressed.

No comments: