Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I've been having massive pain on both my feet and sometimes my fingers. I believe the injury on both my hands and feet are similar yet I feel the pain more on my feet because I stand on my feet and my whole body weight is on it.

The pain irritates me as I have difficulty wearing shoes.I can hardly try on a new pair of shoes due to the pain. I can't walk fast and even struggle as I walk down the staircase. My movements are restricted and I am frustrated.

Today, I finally found time to go to the government hospital for a check up. The medical officer suspected that I have Gout and has requested that I go for a blood test.

How can I not be worried? I'm not yet even thirty, not yet even married, I don't even have any children yet and I have a great life ahead of me to enjoy and cherish. I can't afford to be mentally unfit. I still want my legs to carry me wherever i go. To be able to run, jump, walk and dance whenever I feel like it. I still want to cook and not feel any pain as I do the things I enjoy.

6 comments:

Janice said...

Yes, its sth serious. You better start to watch out your food taking and life style.
I had pain as well on my knees and ankles, doc said my cartilage is getting worn. This happens too on those in their 40s and 50s. So I'm also aging like you.
Currently taking glucosamine as supplementary. Could not be cured but only can slow down the process. We are no longer young and healthy.

kat said...

Hi Jenn. Sorry to hear that. Hope it's not gout as the doctor was just suspecting it. Maybe you can seek for any supplements to ease the situation?
Get well soon and will keep you in prayer. Take care.

Edwin Lim said...

Hey, don't overstrain yourself during the preparation. You need to rest as well. And yes, seek proper advice from doctors.

By the way, do keep us informed of the actual arrangements for THE DAY. Well, Sandra is flying over.

fiona said...

Jen, take care, take the necessary supplement and take a good rest despite your "busy"ness in juggling many things at this time. No matter what the result of the blood test, start taking precaution and corrective measure now. I hope it's nothing serious though.

jennvaz said...

Actually I have not really been preparing for the wedding. I'm not stressed by it either. Just cannot understand...perhaps our lifestyle is so unhealthy yet I don't realize that I'm hurting my body unknowingly.

elizfong said...

Hi Jen. It's been a while since I last read your blog. Hm, I know it's hard to live with a medical condition that restricts you from doing certain things that you like to do as I've gone through it and am still going through it. It teaches us that we cannot take our life for granted, and we need to take care of our own body and also appreciate the time we spend with our loved ones (family, friends, etc).

Don't worry, I am sure with God's grace, everything is possible. Take steps to improve your lifestyle - eat healthy, do the right kind of exercise, and sleep well. These things we cannot avoid, and we need to face it with bravery and a positive attitude to improve it or better to overcome it.

Gambadeh and see you at your wedding! I am sure you will look dazzling as the bride! :)