Monday, April 27, 2009

I gave my students a two hour test on Friday. It was to prepare them for their finals tomorrow. As I had a bad toothache, I left them to do the test while I took a rest. When I returned to class, I saw a boy doing his test facing the wall. I found it very odd therefore I asked him why he was facing the wall. He did not answer. He just smiled.

Being a naughty lecturer, I grinned and pointed at his friends and I said aloud 'Hah, you guys must have been disturbing him so much so that he had to move away. You have been bullying him haven't you?' The boys who were already smiling all the way laughed loudly and said 'Teacher! He is the noisy one, that's why we asked him to sit there'

I could not help but smile. These fellas are so childlike, at the same time, I still find it hard to believe that the boy obediently moved his seat just because his classmates told him to.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Wow, it's been a long time since I visited your blog since.... since when ah?? See? That long. Anyway, glad to hear that you're... teaching? That makes the two of us =). So how do you like it? I can tell from your previous posts that you're the creative type of teacher that is somewhat popular with students. My kids (my students) are having their semester break, and as always, life is a bit dull without them. A bit. I still have my cat to manja-manja with me :p

jennvaz said...

Thanks Pete for dropping by again =)
My kids - hmmm...aren't you teaching university students? They sound so budak-budak =)
I do not know if I'm that popular among my students =) I could be shiok sendiri hehehehehe