Saturday, March 14, 2009

I get shivers up my spine when men call me ‘Jenny / Jenni ’. I don’t know how to explain it but it just feels weird. It’s like I have a name- Jennifer and in short it’s Jenn. Why do men need to add on the ‘ny’ after the ‘Jenn ’? I don’t mind men who watched me grow up (in other words uncles) call me Jenny but I find it odd having peers or strangers calling me that. Oh well….that’s just some thoughts that came up to my mind after an encounter with a man this morning.
Anyway, yesterday, I went hiking at Bukit Jambul. What made the trip special was to have an old friend joining me. She was the ‘Angel’ on the bike who introduced me to CSS. If it had not been for her, I might not have been active in CSS and might not have even known Leslie. So indirectly, she is someone who made a major change in my life.
It was nice to have met her again after two years, to just chat and share about life. I had fun yesterday even though it was just a simple hike. Penang is special in this sense. I don’t have to meet up with friends in shopping complexes or restaurants. There are so many nice places to go to with nice activities to do with friends and these are the things that help me stay vibrant!
Yes, this is a very messy post I know. My mind is currently disorganized. =)

5 comments:

Alan Tan said...

Jenny, what's the problem? ~~~

InfanT said...

I don't why ppl like to add 'nie' at the back.
My unimates call me Fernnie.

jennvaz said...

Hai......Alan, you still don't get it eh.....put it this way, Jenny is a name reserved for some people to call only, I don't like men calling me that. Jenny is like a pet name

Yin Fern, exactly! Btw, did u like them calling you that?

Anonymous said...

Alala... Jenn... You obviously do not listen to Click Five...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wazl1qkH3xk&feature=related

-Alan-

InfanT said...

i'm so used to it.