Monday, January 12, 2009

Ok, I’m engaged. I got engaged during Christmas. He told my family that he wanted to get engaged with me and they approved. I’m happy to be engaged but then again, what is engagement all about? All I know is that it means I am no more available to other guys and I’m going to be the wife of the guy I’m engaged to I’ve been asking people about the meaning behind engagement yet no one has been able to give me a satisfying answer.

I’m happy to be engaged for I’m 99% sure that he is the one. I know he will be a good husband and we are going to be happy together. As much as I’m happy, I’m also worried. I’m worried about many things. First of all, I feel worried about my parents. I have no problems following my future husband to wherever he chooses to settle down yet I’m worried because I’ve made my parents to be dependent on me and I cannot just pack my bags and leave the way I did when I was 20. My parents are not young anymore, they need people to care for them and my presence has brought much security to them. People have been telling me that my parents look healthier ever since I came back and my presence has made a difference to them…..so I’m worried about them. What happens when I get married?

I have other worries too including finances but I know those problems can be solved as long as I make those little sacrifices i.e work extra for an extra income, live less lavishly so on and so forth. If the poor can find true happiness with the very little that they have, I don’t see myself not being able to do it too.

So…I guess these are my concerns for now. I’m excited and it’s about time I settle down with him….but at the same time, I’m mot too much at peace. Please keep me in prayer, that I find my solutions.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats :)

Sandra said...

CONGRATULATION, jenn! i'll keep you in prayer.. i'm so happy for you! ;D

mel said...

Congratulations to you & Leslie

InfanT said...

Jennifer, leave it to God and I'm sure God will find solutions. I understand your situation. I'll keep you in prayer.

jennvaz said...

THank you

Anonymous said...

Congrates Jenn and Leslie!!

drumsticks said...

wow, great news! congratulations!! :) will keep you two in prayers.

Anonymous said...

just saw the news. hehe~
congrats to both of you!
my engagement is our registration.
But I guess yours is a simple ceremony indicating that both are committed to each other.

Happy for you :)