Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I took leave after accessing my certificate class this morning. I could not take it anymore, the pain in my stomach was really bad and I felt really miserable. My students teased me and asked if I was pregnant despite knowing the fact that I was not married yet, they told me to take care and rest well before bidding me goodbye.
I packed my things and took off to the panel clinic. I was skeptical about my visit to the panel doctor. My past experience with them was not a pleasant one and I wondered if I’d feel the same too this time. During my last visit to one of their branch clinic, I saw how they left an accident victim bleeding and unattended for more than 15minute. The girl’s friend took her to another clinic after that. I wondered what kind of negative feeling would I have this time.
Interestingly, there was no patient before me so I got to see the doctor immediately. He was an old doctor and he gave me a cynical smile and asked me what was my problem. I told him I vomited twice last night and had a stomach ache right now.
Dr: Are you stressed?
I: No.
Dr: You mean your job is too easy issit?
I: Not really but it does not stress me out.
Dr: What do you mean, it’s either yes or no.
I: Ok, I do get stress at times but it’s not that bad, I’ve experienced more stressful moments before.
Dr: So you are stress, that’s why you have this problem.
I: You mean the cause of all this is stress?
Dr: SMILES.
I: OK FINE, WHATEVER.
Dr: LOOKS AT MY DETAILS
Dr: You live in Birmingham Avenue?
I: No
Dr: Oh Lebuhraya Bingham, where is that?
I: Glugor.
Dr: IC, so what religion does your parents practice? Buddhist? Hindu? Or….
I: They are Christians.
Dr: Which Church do they go to?
I: Cathedral of the Holy Spirit.
Dr. Oh, Catholic, do you go to church?
I: Yes I do.
Dr: What bible do you read?
I: The Christian Community Bible.
Dr. What kind of bible is that? I never heard of it.
I: Well, it’s a bible, printed by a different publisher, just like your good news bible.
Dr: I know, I think you are stressed because you are not turning to God to solve your problems. You pray through Mary and that’s the problem. You are not turning directly to Him as your source of strength, unlike us.
I: LOOK AT HIM WITH MY EYES OPENED WIDER and SMILED.
I: Really? That’s interesting. I KNEW THERE WAS NO WAY TO ARGUE WITH A MAN LIKE HIM.
Dr: Ok, God bless
I: Same to you, happy day. Hope you find joy treating your patients.
Dr: CYNICAL SMILE.
I: Bye.
I walked out of his room wondering what was his intention. Hmmm….that was one of my weirdest encounter with a doctor. I drove home and slept through the afternoon and felt way much better after that. I think I needed the rest.

5 comments:

Chris Wee SJ said...

You are too nice Jenn. I would question his intention and wake him up to his work and oath that he took as a doctor.

Anonymous said...

aiyo, he should read Dr.Giuseppe Moscati, hehehe

Iris said...

Wow, this is also the first time i heard about a doctor treats the patient in that way.~~
How much he charged you for the "consultation" fee?

jennvaz said...

I came back to school and told my supervisor about him, she asked me if he was who i think it was and told me to ask him to go to hell. It seems he gave her the wrong medication 10 years ago and insisted that he knew what he was doing.

Anonymous said...

is he a witchdoctor or something?