Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I think it's important to catch the news but sometimes I tend to get sick and tired of political news with the same issues unsolved and repeated over and over again in the headlines. I found the news last night devastating.
  1. RPK was sent to Kamunting. It was not a surprising news for me as I had somehow anticipated it to happen. Not that I support the idea of him being detained but Kamunting is where ISA detainees are being sent. I thought of RPK's family, to have him separated from them. To have their father / husband who is not a criminal in jail. Sad.
  2. After that was the news of a woman murdered by two men on the bike and also the news vendor who was shot dead while delivering the newspaper. Why? They don't deserve to die in such an unkind manner. What did they do to deserve this kind of death? And again, their families? I saw the look in the wife of the newspaper vendor and I felt so sorry for her. I know I am emotional but I could not help but to relate this guy with our newspaper vendor uncle Veloo. He too was robbed sometime last month while waiting for the newspapers to arrive. They punched him and beat him up. It was so painful that each time I asked him how was he, he would show me his broken teeth and say very painful lah girl.

When I first saw the movie 'Death Race' I thought it was sick and disgusting. Now, after listening to such terrible news, I think what happened in 'Death Race' might actually be real in the future.

No comments: