Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Everyday, we face different challenges. Sometimes we laugh off our problems, sometimes we complain about it. When we laugh off our problems, it does not mean we are not concern about it. Likewise, when we complain about our problems, it does not mean that we do not have a solution to it. Sometimes we tend to behave the opposite of how we feel because we just feel like doing it.
I am a person who likes to share. Sometimes I share my problems with people because I have to let my feelings out. Sharing and consulting are two different things. I share my problems with people because I want them to know how I feel. On the other hand, I consult people because I would like to listen to their opinions.
The problem is that many people do not know the difference between sharing and consultation. Many people respond to sharings by advising instead of listening. They feel that they have to respond and they offer advice even though I did not ask for any. Sometimes I find it frustrating and stressful sharing with these kind of people because instead of having the space to voice out how I feel, I end up listening to advices which I did not ask for.
Today, I voiced out how I felt to someone who has been constantly advising me each time I responded to her ‘How are yous’. I told her that I was not seeking for her advice and that I was just sharing my experiences for the day. She lashed out at me saying that I was ungrateful. She made the effort to show care and concern towards me and I did not appreciate it. I felt bad, but then again, she was not even listening to what I had to say, how can I appreciate her goodwill in the midst of my frustrations talking to her?

No comments: