Saturday, April 19, 2008

I am watching Fox New as I write this post. The Pope is celebrating mass in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in the U.S. The cathedral is crowded, everyone is seated, ready and waiting for the mass to begin. 28,000 people are said to be at the mass but what is seen inside the Cathedral is that only priest, religious and dignitaries fit into the Cathedral where else common lay people are no where to be seen. Perhaps the crowd is outside.
It seemed to be such a pity that the chances of an ordinary Catholic meeting his holiness is almost nil. I was told that even during the World Youth Day this year, one needs to buy tickets to ensure that they get to enter the venue where the mass is to be celebrated. Interesting is it not? I shan’t elaborate anymore on this matter.
Tonight is my last night in Sydney, coincidently, it is also the Jewish Passover. Many Jews were seen dressed in their traditional attire walking on the streets to spend time with their family. I spent my evening with my family too. Tonight, I met my cousins for dinner. It was nice. We were strangers initially but now we are family. I no more wonder who are they or how do they look like. I know now, who they are and I can proudly declare that these are my cousins and I know them. It was a beautiful ending to my stay here.
Tomorrow is going to be a long day, it might be the longest night for me. My flight is 10hours. I just realized that it’s not a direct flight, I’m actually flying to Brisbane first before Kuala Lumpur. Pray that I have a safe and pleasant flight. I look forward to being in Malaysia again.

No comments: