Thursday, April 10, 2008

And i'll be missing this soon...

The idea of me coming to Sydney is so that I may see the world, and so Bob made a list of "jenn has never done before" and he is sure making a point to help me tick off the list before I leave, and so my exposure continued yesterday with me going into a pub, it was actually my third pub in Sydney, nevertheless, I Had a fantastic time!

No, no, I'm not turning into an alcoholic, I can't drink much and that's the truth, my limit with alcohol is two mugs of beer or two glasses of wine and that's it. If I take more than that, my day will be ruined and I'll start regretting that I took any of those drinks.

And so, back to my pub experience, we went to this Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe at Harrington Street (if you ever visit Sydney, you must not miss this experience). It was really nice and crowded, there were so many kinds of beer at the bar and I was left confused, Bob chose a Leffe Abbey beer which tasted so good with the mussels and chips. I had never enjoyed chips that much before. These bars are unique because they are proud of their heritage and they stick to traditions when it comes to serving their drink, therefore the authentic feel is there. To me, hanging out in these pubs are not just about drinking, it's about enjoying the company you are with and also the ambience of the place in the company of other customers as well.

This pub thingy is definitely something I'll be missing when I go back home for very clear reasons, most of my friends don't drink, there is a stereotype mentality towards drinking, pubs in M'sia charge so much, the idea of having a good drink with friends is defeated back home because people tend to try too hard enjoying themselves that it becomes so unnatural......blah...blah...blah
(the very crowded beer cafe and the traditional leffe abbey beer glass which they still use till today)

No comments: