Thursday, January 31, 2008

Here I go again!

29 January 08

I am going to see the world again. Having collected my flight tickets from the MAS ticketing office this afternoon, I am confirmed to fly off to Sydney on the 21st of February at 10pm at night.

There is no denying that I am excited about this trip, but this excitement comes with anxiousness. I am looking forward to experience what Down Under has to offer but at the same time the low self esteem me has some fear too. The ghost of Hong Kong still haunts me. It was not traumatic neither was it pleasant. My other concern is actually about leaving my parents again for 2 months. Having adapted them with my presence for these few weeks, they will have to readapt themselves again with my absence. Though it’s kindda painful, I just could not waste this trip.

I’m taking this opportunity to visit Sydney whilst my sister and bro-in-law are there. Sydney is the universal food paradise, renowned for its splendid variety of food. I’ve been constantly urged by my sister to go and see and I shall see what good food is all about.

I’ve been to Hong Kong and Thailand but I’ve never been to the other side of the world where the western culture is dominant. It’s going to be a whole new experience and I should not miss it. With two months in hand and limited funds, I wonder how I can maximize this trip. I shall be spending some time surveying on some possibilities. Keep me in prayer that I may make the most out of this trip and not only benefit myself but also for others too.

My hope from this trip is that I shall return positively renewed.

8 comments:

mel said...

I was in Sydney in Apr 06 but it was only for two weeks & I was on a tight (student) budget (stuff are darn expensive over there - after factoring in the exchange rate, that is). So didn't really try much of the food. But I remember the perfect ribs at 'Pancakes on the Rocks' - which explains the perpetual queue outside the place :)

Have fun, Jenn!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. You will enjoy Sydney. The people there are alright. Keep us update ya.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wah..cool. :) Will wait for your pictures!

Anonymous said...

cool! Jenn, help me find out something on Gold Coast. I might be going there next year for a trip with some friends. :) Then I can ask you lor ...

jennvaz said...

Hmmmmm Cibol, Gold Coast.....according to my sister, is nothing exciting hehehehehee

Anonymous said...

but 'gold coast' sounds like its a very fun and... magical place.. haha
So, Cibol.. you might wanna re-plan your trip

CaroL Magdalene said...

hi Jen,
I love sydney:)ok..i love all the other places that i've been too..hehe
yes, it is a very diverse society.
being there for only a few days and yet there's so much to explore.
You can also check at www.virtualtourist.com = choose the country & state and then you can find unbias infos abt the places, food, etc from the travellers themselves

have fun:)

InfanT said...

enjoy your trip!

God bless!

between, happy chinese new year!