Monday, December 17, 2007

Who is saved?

I was having a conversation with somebody. She shared that she was glad to be a Christian, being a Christian has thought her to see more in life. As a Christian, she realizes that there’s so much more to do in life. Our conversation continued and somehow we came to this topic of whether non believers were saved.

If you do not believe in Christ, will you still be saved? To me, God created the world and loved everything that He created. When the world was in darkness and beyond redemption, He sent Christ to be with us, to change the world and to bring us salvation and hope. Christ came for all, He died on the cross for every man may it be believer or non believer. All man was called to one and the same destiny, of which is divine.

My understanding of God is that He is ever forgiving and because of that, He would not forsake any creature that He created. I believe that every person who is ignorant of the Gospel of Christ but seeks the truth and does the will of God in accordance to their understanding of it will be saved. To me, the sin is greater when a person claims to be a believer of Christ and yet behave unruly and ruins the peace, hope and love within society. If only those who believe in Christ are saved, then what happens to unbaptized children and infants who die before they are baptized? It would be very cruel for God to not accept them into His kingdom right?

Even though I believe that salvation is for non believers too, I think baptism and conversion is still very much necessary. Baptism is God’s grace and it is through baptism that we are renewed. Baptism brings us closer to God. As believers, we are thought to live in accordance to the scriptures, through our practice of faith plus regular prayers, we are brought closer to God......so will non believers be saved? In my opinion, yes and I am happy to be a Christian because my faith has brought me closer to Him, to be aware of His presence in my life.

(Ever wondered what happens to us when we die?)

No comments: