Thursday, November 15, 2007

He made me smile

When the traffic is heavy and the car in front of you is annoyingly indecisive, it really tests your patience.....

I was driving behind one car this morning, the driver was annoyingly slow and she was driving on both lanes, she could not decide on which lane she wanted to be in. I nearly lost my temper. At the traffic lights, I stopped next to the car, still annoyed at the lady, i waited for the light to turn green.

As I waited, i noticed a little boy sitting on the backseat of that annoying car waving at me. Naughty boy I thought. I turned to look at him and he was waving and smiling at me. My heart softened and I smiled back at him but still reluctant to wave. He continued to wave at me, and this time I decided to wave back. He mumbled something to me from his window. I showed him my confused face. He repeated what he said again and it was "Selamat Pagi". I was taken aback by his greeting. He laughed, the lights turned green and we drove off waving at each other.

I continued my journey with the image of him stuck in my head. I'm ashamed of myself actually. For being so moody and unfriendly. I can't find the right words to describe my feelings but this little boy really made my day. Today is beautiful because of that cheeky little smile. Thank you stranger boy!
(Another smiling face in my life, Shawn, my nephew)


No comments: